Can you feel that burning sensation whenever you urinate? Have you made frequent trips to the toilet but it is just a single drop of urine you actually eliminate? Or do your scream from the pain in your abdominal area? Such an agonizing streak of events when one has a urinary tract infection (UTI). One can develop a severe pain, with high fever above 101 °F, confusion, nausea and vomiting which are warning signs for a kidney infection. An emergency call that should not be taken for granted. In a statement by the National Institutes of Health, UTI among the elderly is quite common because of an immunocompromised state and other health care conditions. How serious can UTI affect the older adults?
UC Cares Home Health Services LLC is a non-state-run company specializing in Home Health Services in Great Plains Way, Bolingbrook, IL. Our wide range of home care services from personal care, homemaker or companionship, pediatric and in-home care allow us to be competitive in the field and to bring about a high-calibre of care in your private residence. With our Home Health Services in Great Plains Way, Bolingbrook, IL, UC Cares Home Health Services LLC personnel will anticipate the risks associated factors in developing urinary tract infections and magnifies appropriate treatment practices.
The following are vital information to help you identify some of the health care issues that can increase the development of UTIs. These are detailed in agingcare.com and which UC Cares Home Health Services LLC, staff seeks to educate the aging patients under their care.
Conditions that can contribute to occurrence of UTI are:
- Bedridden or immobile patients
- Bowel incontinence
- Enlarged prostate
- Kidney stones
- Long-term use of urinary catheter
- Surgical procedures that have been done around the bladder area
Helpful tips to tackle UTIs:
- Closely monitor incontinent elderly patients are they are more prone to infection. Bacteria can travel easily into the bladder.
Keep the genital area clean and dry.
- For health care providers, use a single stroke, from front to back when cleaning or changing pads to patients.
- Suggest cotton-cloth underwear and should be changed every day.
- Advice to avoid intake of alcoholic and caffeinated beverages as it can irritate the bladder.
- Cranberry juice is recommended for UTI as it prevents infection but be warned about giving it to your senior patients with a history of kidney stones.
- It can encourage stone formation because it solidifies the urine. So, cranberry is a taboo so as with supplements.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink as much fluid as what your body requires promoting good circulation and excretion of by-products in your body.
We, as a Home Health Services in Great Plains Way, Bolingbrook, IL, genuinely advocates healthy living lifestyle toward a better you not only physically but also to boost your mental, emotional, and social aspects. UC Cares Home Health Services LLC, continuously dedicate a lifelong devotion to serving the people in need within the community and those who are in desperate need of a home health care service. Grab an opportunity of being cared for by our reliable health care providers through reaching us at 630-225-7234 or for your immediate need follow this link http://www.uccares.com/home-health-care-schedule-an-assessment so that our care managers can assess you in your residence. With our sharp minded care providers, you can comfortably experience an infection-free physical state of living!